Mondelēz’s fourth quarter revenue was boosted by demand for snacks and price increases
Mondelēz International Inc. (Nasdaq: MDLZ) today released fourth quarter financial statements, marking another year of strong revenue and earnings results in a challenging macroeconomic environment.
“We continued to execute well on our strategic growth initiatives with volume-driven revenue growth, strong profitability, increased brand and capacity investments and strong free cash flow generation,” said said Dirk Van de Put, Chairman and CEO. “We have further strengthened our portfolio with the addition of several growth accretive acquisitions, which increase our exposure to broader snack categories and expanding earnings pools”
Full Year Highlights
- Net revenues increased 8.0% driven by organic net revenue growth of 5.2%, favorable foreign exchange and acquisitions.
- Diluted EPS was $3.04, up 23.1%; Adjusted EPS1 of $2.87, up 9.0% at constant currencies
- Cash flow from operating activities was $4.1 billion, an increase of +$0.2 billion over the prior year.
- Free cash flow was $3.2 billion, an increase of $0.1 billion.
- Return of capital to shareholders amounted to $3.9 billion.
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Net revenues increased by 4.9%, mainly due to organic net revenue growth of 5.4%.
- Diluted EPS was $0.71, down 11.3%; Adjusted EPS was $0.71, up 9.1% at constant exchange rates.
- Return of capital to shareholders amounted to $0.8 billion.