Job: Team Leader, Retail and Institutional Sales (insurance brokerage) at Cordros Capital
The candidate must be a strategist with the immense ability to steer the business towards a path of profitability, while implementing its vision, mission and long-term goals.
Role: Team Leader, Retail and Institutional Sales (Insurance Brokerage)
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Type of employment: Permanent
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, actuarial science, accounting, marketing or any relevant course
- Membership in the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) will be highly considered
- An MBA or other relevant professional certification in insurance is an added advantage
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in the insurance industry.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Oversee all marketing activities of the company.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to management and Board members, to keep them abreast of developments within the company and the industry.
- Ensure that appropriate policies are developed and implemented to meet the company’s mission and objectives while complying with all relevant legal regulations.
- Develop and implement the company’s business strategies in order to achieve the objectives of management and the board of directors.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with key clients, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision makers and other stakeholders in general, to exchange information and views and ensure that the company provides the appropriate range and quality of services.
- Oversee company investments and other business ventures.
- Maintain business profitability and ensure compliance with all regulatory guidelines and NAICOM guidelines.
- Delegate responsibilities and oversee the work of other executives while providing guidance and motivation to generate peak performance.
- Develop and maintain research and development programs to ensure the company remains at the forefront of the industry, applies the most cost-effective methods and approaches, provides cutting-edge products and services, and maintains its competitive edge .
- Prepare and monitor the implementation of the annual budget to ensure budget targets are met, revenue streams are maximized and fixed costs are minimized.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, government departments and other key contacts, in order to guarantee the most effective contractual conditions.
- Manage the company’s commercial activities to achieve its financial budget
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to develop strategic and business plans
- Must have significant knowledge of corporate governance and management best practices
- Must possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills as well as high-level strategic thinking and networking abilities
- Proficiency in the use of modern technology based service delivery tools
Click here to apply